The Tao as it appears to me

The Tao is a personal journey into oneself from within and without. This is my understanding of the philosophy stated by Lao Tzu and other Daoists like Lieh Tzu, Chuang Tzu...

                                                    

My Photo
Name:

I am what I think...

Sunday, December 24, 2006

The pressures of the mind...

This post has nothing to do with the Tao but is, in a way, related. My intention for these posts was (and in many ways, still is) to compose a chapter per month and discuss it throughout a month. I should have composed the 2nd chapter over this weekend, but my browser created problems repeatedly. I was at loss of words regarding the Upanishad's correlation with the TTC ever since I first created that post, and had decided to abandon the pursuit for now. I woke up (4:45 a.m.) and sat down to type today and the correlation comes forth of its own volition.

I hereby notify a change in the agenda. I shall compose a chapter of the TTC every month, but will not stick to any plan rigidly (for it seems that it is not for me to plan). I shall keep updating the blog on various chapters over time. So while I might be working on the 10th chapter I would update something to do with the 3rd chapter. I shall try my best to keep the reader informed of such changes.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Global Silk Road said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:40 AM  
Blogger The Global Silk Road said...

This is a wonderful concept.

I started reading the Tao Te Ching last summer and have read it through in the translation of Ursula Guin. I think unlike me or her your scholarship includes a capacity to read Chinese so my translation
http://www.theglobalsilkroad.com/page11.html

has none of the veracity of yours nor somehow the feel of Ursala's from which it is derived.

I have started trying to learn Chinese for two reasons - I want to understand them as they are now but also because the Chinese written language being constructed out of ideograms is a truly universal written language - you can write English in it as easily as you can write Chinese.

Your site is wonderful and I will visit it regularly. Keep up the good work

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home